Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Clean Start

For the New Year. I don't know about you, but I'm still working on last year. Just finishing up packing things away. Doing a major cleaning of paperwork and such. Hoping to be all in order by the weekend. I've cleaned closets, draws, under beds. Every nook and cranny that was to be found in the house. I promised myself that I was going to start off clean for the New Year. Makes me happy to walk into a room that is spotless. And if I just pick up here and there. Things wont build up. Like paperwork! That is probably my least favorite task, going through the mail. Most of it is junk anyway. Some days, that's all it is, advertisements. Advertisements I can do without. Isn't there a number that I could call to take me off some kind of list???

I made some promises I'm hoping to keep for the 2010.

* Stick with my WW program, stay on track.
* Don't stray off my grocery list. Stick to what I need, not what I want.
* Be more patient with the kids, the older they get. The more I want to lose it!
* No more coffee drinks from the shops. If I want coffee, I will make it at home and save the $.
* Use what I have, don't go out and buy what I don't need. Spend wisely.
* More family time.
* Try and stay more organized with planning and projects.

So far, it's been going pretty good. I printed my list off and put it on the fridge and one in my wallet. I find if I start to stray, I just look at my list and remember that I've made a promise. Not going to lie, I miss my carmel latte's! But with not having them, I already saved myself a couple of bucks.

Have you made any promises for the New Year?

4 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You've got quite the list going....I chuckled a bit at the patience with the kids as they get older. I'm having a rough night with mine: A 17-year old who knows everything. A 16-year old who doesn't care about anything. And an 11-year old who is kind of clueless. Anyhow, maybe we should start a support group. What do you think? And by the way, I love that clean room feeling. It's a great way to start out the year.

Unknown said...

Your list sounds exactly like mine!! Good luck!This is definitely the time of year to get organized too.

Sand xox

Unknown said...

Thought i was the only one in the world with a paper work problem,
let me know if you find out what no. it is to get off that list:)
You are not alone given up coffee to drink green tea.
Be encouraged at least you are trying.Hugs Sue

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~That is a very good list~
sounds like mine~
I am right there with you on the "paper pile ups"~
Have a very Happy New Year !~