Friday, January 18, 2008

Turned out to be a beautiful day today. Up into the 40's and the sun was shinning. Did some much needed cleaning. Then took a ride to the craft store for some supplies I needed in the valentine's swap. Went in for one thing, came out with many. I seem to have many of those kinds of trips. Wanted to just run in and out. Well almost an hour later, still in the store. I guess I just get to caught up looking at this and that. My kids were not with me, so I cant blame them. All me this time. :)

My friend Lynda sent me a new recipe. Trying it tonight! My favorite kind,a crock pot recipe. Dont know what I would do without it.
















Crock pot stew ~

3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 lb carrots, cut into pieces
1 onion, chopped
2lbs stew meat cut into 1" cubes
1/3 cup butter
2 TBL flour
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp pepper

Place potatoes, carrots and onion in the crock. Brown meat in butter in pan. Transfer meet to crock. With pan drippings, add flour, stir until brown and well blended. Add water. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened. Add salt, parsley, celery seed, thyme and pepper; pour into crock. Cover and cook on low for approx 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.

1 comment:

Esther Sunday said...

Crock pottin' is a lifesaver! Thanks for the receipe! Love, Esther