Friday, May 15, 2009

My Little Corner

Since we've made it so all three boys have there own room. I had given up my space. My room away from it all. My place of peace. A place where I could shut the door and do what I wanted. Nobody to tell me how to keep it. Mine, all mine. Now, I'm in a corner of my bedroom. A small corner may I say. Well, I could just be down about this and complain. Or, I could go with the flow. Choose to go with the flow. So I have my husband taking apart the closet and making some kind of system in there so I can keep some things. As well as maybe hang some clothes. Just functional. Now I have to start downsizing on what I keep. I want to keep everything! But I think it would be way to much in the corner.
This is what I'm starting with.


This is what I'm kind of playing with. Found some odds and ends in my boxes and hung up. Put my bulletin board up. And covered the table with some fabric. Right now, it works. I'll make some changes when the closet is done. This way, I'll be working on the inside out. Maybe incorporate it in the room. By keeping the doors off. We'll see. I still didn't pick any curtains. Need to get on that.
Also been working on a corner off my patio. Transplanted some plants from the front beds a couple of weeks ago. Cant wait till the color starts popping on them. Been painting some butterflies. Going to put some more of those on the fence. Want to add more color to the corner.
It's suppose to be a rainy weekend. So I'll be staying inside working on some projects. One will be, making some pillows for the couch. Found some great yellow material at the thrift store the other day. It's just calling my name.

Have a good weekend!
Susan

5 comments:

vivian said...

sounds like youre playing house! moving things around and fixing things up, decorating and making the best of everything! these are things I love to do!
have a great weekend susan!
hugs
vivian

Unknown said...

Hey girl, I am loving your art corner! I had an art corner for a long time and was equally as happy with it. We all need a little space to escape to!

Have great weekend!
Sandy

Farmchick said...

I think your space looks great so far! Hope you have a sweet Sunday and I also hope you can stop by for a visit! :)

Paul-ene said...

Love your corner space! It would be hard to lose a whole room but hey it's show how great a mom you are to give up your space!!!

Jennifer said...

Susan -

First, thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment.

I love that little corner of the yard that you showed. You've given me some inspiration for my patio area!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com