Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Handmade Christmas

<

Every Thursday till Christmas. I will be linking up to Abbie of Proverbs 31 Living. She will be hosting a Handmade Christmas. I hope to get some new ideas as well as sharing some.

This week will be my Christmas Bark. Very easy and inexpensive recipe. You will need, 1 sleeve of saltine crackers, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 (12oz) bag chocolate chips.



Line a baking sheet with foil. I usually grease down the foil so nothing sticks to it. When that is done, fill the baking sheet with a single layer of saltine crackers. Melt the butter in a pan and add the brown sugar. Cook at medium hit for appox. 3 minutes. Pour over saltine crackers, making sure everything is covered. Pop in a 350 degree oven for 15mins.




When it's done, pull it out and pour your chocolate chips all over the tray. Once they start melting. Start spreading it all around. Making an even coat over it all. At this time, if you'd like to add chop nuts, coconut or sprinkles. Then pop it in the fridge until firm. Takes approx. 1-2 hours.




Then pull it out and start taking it apart. Usually breaks up pretty well. Store in airtight container. Make sure it's fairly cool where you store it. Otherwise, it can melt some.



I usually pack these up in the larger Chinese to go containers and tie the recipe to it. The hardest part about this recipe. Not eating it after it's done.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Abbi said...

Ooh that sounds yummy!! I like how easy the recipe looks too. Thanks so much for sharing it and linking it up to my blog!

vivian said...

you know I was thinking, I'll be able to maintain my weight watchers plan through the holidays.. but I forgot about cracker candy.. this may be harder then I thought!! I LOVE THAT STUFF!!
hugs
vivian

Gina said...

Yum! I've never had that with saltines-but I think I need to try! Looks like a fun one for the kids too!

Paul-ene said...

YUM!!!! I want some!!!